JILL JOHNSON, who represented SWEDEN at the 1998 Eurovision song contest with Karleken ar has a new song out.
JAN JOHANSEN (who represented Sweden at the 1995 Eurovision song contest) and JILL JOHNSON (who represented Sweden at the 1998 Eurovision song contest) teamed up to cover a song composed by Gilbert Becaud LET IT BE ME. Jan and Jill sing it in English. It is the 12 song in our project where we highlight Eurovision stars covering well-known NON EUROVISION songs.
By Steve Humphreys (Australia)
One of my favourite moments from back in Vienna 2015, was seeing just how well contestants Mans Zelmerlow (Sweden) & Guy Sebastian (Australia) got on together during that week. Then this great freindship even transcended onto the Eurovision scoreboard, when both countries gave each other 12 points. There was even talk of a future duet between Mans and Guy, that would be special. This has got me thinking how many times has two stars of the past Eurovision Song Contests have actually got together to make a duet? besides covering a Eurovision entry, itself.
So I did some searching around and came up with my own
Top 10 Eurovision artists duets.
1. Maria Haukaas Storeng & Måns Zelmerlöw- ‘Precious to Me’
2. Christer Björkman & Shirley Clamp- La Vie/ This is My Life
3. Agnetha Faltskog & Tomas Ledin- Never Again
4. Johnny Logan & Nicole – No One Makes Love like You/Niemand liebt so wie du
(composed by Ralph Siegel and Bernd Meinunger)
5. Elisabeth Andreassen & Tor Endresen- All over the World (MGP 15)
6. Olivia Newton-John & Cliff Richard- Suddenly (From Xanadu movie)
7. Timoteij Feat Alexander Rybak-Vända Med Vinden
8. Malena Ernman & Sarah Dawn Finer – Sancta Lucia (2013)
9. Jan Johansen & Jill Johnson- Let it be me
10. Anita Skorgan Med Jahn Teigen- Friendly
If you know of some other Eurovision duets, let us know in the comments,
Footnote: When putting this Top 10 together I realised that just one artist that actually technically should not be on the list, as they have not appeared on a Eurovision Song Contest stage, Who is that?