Originally planned to do this series over a month or two, but it takes a lot of time. INFE Australia, INFE Ireland and INFE South Africa teamed up to pick their favourite Eurovision entry involving a MALE SINGER from each country that have participated in the Eurovision song contest.
The hosts for the Melodifestivalen 2021 have been announced. Some familiar names will be hosting the shows –
- Semi-final 1 – Lena Philipsson
- Semi-final 2 – Anis Don Demina & Oscar Zia
- Semi-final 3 – Jason Diakité
- Semi-final 4 – Per Andersson
- Andra chansen (second chance) – Shirley Clamp
- The final – Måns Zelmerlöw & Shima Niavarani
Lena Philipsson represented Sweden at the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest with It Hurts and has participated in many Melodifestivalen competitions over the years.
Anis Don Demina has participated on the Melodifestivalen stage in 2018 (with Samir & Viktor) and 2019 (with Zeana) and in his own right in 2020 with the song Vem e som oss.
Oscar Zia took part in the 2014 and 2016 Melodifestivalen shows with Yes We Can and Human respectively.
Jason Diakité is also known as Timbuktu and is a Swedish rapper.
Per Andersson is a comedian and actor in Sweden.
Shirley Clamp is well known to Eurovision fans. She has participated in the Melodifestivalen on six occasions – 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2011 and 2014.
Måns Zelmerlöw of course won the Eurovision Song Contest for Sweden in 2015 with Heroes.
Shima Niavarani is a Swedish-Iranian actress and singer.
Executive producer, Christer Björkman, will also be heavily involved again with this being the 20th Melodifestivalen competition.
Source: ESC Covers; SVT
A group by the name of SNACKS covered the 1992 Eurovision entry from Sweden I MORGON AR EN ANNAN DAG of Christer Bjorkman in Swedish.
Mr Melodifestival brought quite a good song in 1992
21 – I morgon ar en annan dag – Christer Bjorkman (Sweden 1992)
By Steve Humphreys (Australia)
One of my favourite moments from back in Vienna 2015, was seeing just how well contestants Mans Zelmerlow (Sweden) & Guy Sebastian (Australia) got on together during that week. Then this great freindship even transcended onto the Eurovision scoreboard, when both countries gave each other 12 points. There was even talk of a future duet between Mans and Guy, that would be special. This has got me thinking how many times has two stars of the past Eurovision Song Contests have actually got together to make a duet? besides covering a Eurovision entry, itself.
So I did some searching around and came up with my own
Top 10 Eurovision artists duets.
1. Maria Haukaas Storeng & Måns Zelmerlöw- ‘Precious to Me’
2. Christer Björkman & Shirley Clamp- La Vie/ This is My Life
3. Agnetha Faltskog & Tomas Ledin- Never Again
4. Johnny Logan & Nicole – No One Makes Love like You/Niemand liebt so wie du
(composed by Ralph Siegel and Bernd Meinunger)
5. Elisabeth Andreassen & Tor Endresen- All over the World (MGP 15)
6. Olivia Newton-John & Cliff Richard- Suddenly (From Xanadu movie)
7. Timoteij Feat Alexander Rybak-Vända Med Vinden
8. Malena Ernman & Sarah Dawn Finer – Sancta Lucia (2013)
9. Jan Johansen & Jill Johnson- Let it be me
10. Anita Skorgan Med Jahn Teigen- Friendly
If you know of some other Eurovision duets, let us know in the comments,
Footnote: When putting this Top 10 together I realised that just one artist that actually technically should not be on the list, as they have not appeared on a Eurovision Song Contest stage, Who is that?