Italy have won the 2014 Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The only boy in the contest, Vincenzo Cantiello, won with the powerful ballad Tu primo grande amore. The runner up position went to Bulgaria with Planet Of The Children by Krisia, Hasan & Ibraham and the third position prize was taken by Armenia with People Of The Sun by Betty.
16 countries participated for the big prize at the contest held in Malta –
- Belarus – Nadezhda Misyakova – Sokol – An ethnic upbeat song performed very well by Nadezhda and her dancers.
- Bulgaria – Krisia, Hasan and Ibrahim – Planet Of The Children – A massive performance from the trip with great vocals by Krisia.
- San Marino – The Peppermints – Breaking My Heart – An upbeat an lively pop song from the five member girl band.
- Croatia – Josie – Game Over – Upbeat dance song for Josie.
- Cyprus – Sophia Patsalides – I pio omorfi mera – This is a very strong commercial dance song and Sophia has a very strong voice.
- Georgia – Lizi Japaridze (Lizi Pop) – Happy Day – Lizi was really enjoying her performance on the big stage. Great show.
- Sweden – Julia Kedhammar – Du är inte ensam – Another great pop dance song by Julia. Very strong production.
- Ukraine – Sympho-Nick – Pryyde vesna – The female trio gave a strong performance to this mid tempo pop song.
- Slovenia – Ula Ložar – Nisi sam – Ula was alone on stage and performed this ballad very well.
- Montenegro – Maša Vujadinovic & Lejla Vulić – Budi dijete na jedan dan – A fun and catchy song for the female duo.
- Italy – Vincenzo Cantiello – Tu primo grande amore – A big performance from Vincenzo with this strong ballad.
- Armenia – Betty – People Of The Sun – A great stage performance by Betty and her dancers. Very catchy song.
- Russia – Alisa Kozhikina – Dreamer – A wonderful and emotional ballad very well performed by Alisa.
- Serbia – Emilija Djonin – Svet u mojim očima- This was a very mature performance to a gentle ballad.
- Malta – Federica Falzon – Diamonds – Federica had the performance and voice of the night. Absolutely amazing show.
- The Netherlands – Julia – Around – A great upbeat dance song to close the show. Solid and fun performance.
All 16 acts then performed the official theme song of the 2014 Junior Eurovision Song Contest, Together. Then last year’s winning act for Malta, Gaia Cauchi performed in the interval.
Congratulations to Malta for holding a wonderful show and to Vladislav Yakovlev and his team for an excellent production. Finally well done to Vincenzo and Italy for winning the 2014 Junior Eurovision Song Contest. You can see Vincenzo perform his winning song here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWKveH5_DY8